Friday, January 13, 2006

Seeking...

...one cuddle buddy. Should be single male. I haven't decided on exact terms of relationship. Details to follow.

...one hiking buddy. Male or female. Should not be speed demon. Must put up with horrible songs learned in Girl Scouts.

-----------

As a bit of a web-surfer (an addiction, I know) I like to read blogs that are touted as "best-ofs." This morning I came across this one which in a somewhat superior manner informs its readers that a recent British study has linked obesity to cancer....and that (shock of shocks!) fully 85% of British people are unaware of this! Imagine! Well hell, it was news to me too. You never hear, "Hey fatty! Put down that hamburger before you drop dead of... melanoma!"

The rest of this particular "best-of" was filled with poorly written, grammatically incorrect tidbits about cancer and the myriad of things that will kill you.

The reason I link to el blog-o-cancer is not so that you can learn exactly how you'll die, but rather because it has a function to track who links to it. Perhaps this will result in someone stumbling across a truly well written and informative blog...mine.

"Lenni sure thinks a lot of herself."
"Well it's justified right?"

Also newsworthy are flourescent pigs, cyclops kitten, and the Donner party overcoming their bad rap.

-----------

As I was ordering Dominos for lunch I was informed that the company's founder (Tom Monaghan) is a hard core fundamentalist conservative Catholic. My co-worker expanded on this claim by asserting that he (Monaghan) is actively trying to overturn Roe v. Wade and prefers women to be barefoot and preggers in the kitchen. A little research showed that this was an exaggeration. However, my pizza fix did go towards funding several small villages in South America, EWTN, and the conservative Ave Maria Law School. While not exactly a glowing recommendation of his liberal character, as a Catholic, my pizza with peppers should get me a direct ticket to Heaven. My coworkers are going to Hell.

What do we want?
SOCIAL CHANGE!
When do we want it?
IN HALF AN HOUR OR LESS!

(For full disclosure: Andrew wrote the chant. Bastard. I hate when people are funnier than me. I hate most people.)

-----------

Anyone wanna hike with me this weekend? I'm thinking the Billy Goat trail. Otherwise I've considered hitting up the Library of Congress, Ikea, and some random craft stores... or sitting around eating Ben and Jerry's and watching movies in Spanish.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...