Friday, January 27, 2006

Just point your toes!

The District of Columbia. A land of milk and honey and 570,000 tax-paying, non-voting citizens. Aaaah. Hearkens back to ye old Revolutionary War days. But we all know this.

What you may not know is the newest way that DC citizens are fighting back. Mike Panetta, the District's very own renegade, (I mention him as if I'd know him if he fell on me) is crusading for DC to be represented in the Olympics. The DC Olympic Campaign hopes to send a curling team to Torino in 2008. According to DCist, this effort follows not-so-successful campaigns to allow DC residents to question Samuel Alito during the Supreme Court nomination hearings and to rename RFK stadium "Taxation without Representation Stadium." (We could call it TdubR for short!)

If you'd like to join me in this worthy cause (no sell-out MD or VA residents please), I'll be coaching the luge team. Otherwise you can free New Hampshire.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...