Friday, January 20, 2006

Food, fun, and a monkey

Well this Monday was Martin Luther King Jr Day. Americans were given a chance to take the day off and celebrate the laudable civil right leader... by watching soap operas in their pjs. I'm not a big soapster but I do enjoy the opportunity to increase my arsenal of good lines. For example, "I want to sleep with you over and over and over and over again. And then, when I'm done, I want to sleep with you again." Sigh. Doesn't the heart just melt? Also witness, "If I were to bet my best Bentley... I have two you know." That should come in handy during poker games. Really, I haven't laughed so hard in a while, or course after verifying that my housemate did not take her soaps seriously. Don't want to offend y'know.

Otherwise, my weekend was taken up with not hiking, not grocery shopping, and not folding my laundry. But I did buy a pillow and three CDs (Toots, Gary Jules, and Jamiroquai) so I'll call it a productive three days.

During the week I actually HAVE been productive. I'm taking a Spanish class. Stay tuned for Spanish blogging. (Shameless plug #1: If I get three people to join my next class, my fee will be reduced. It's fun!) I'm also going to start tutoring soon. (Shameless plug #2: CentroNia needs more volunteers, particularly if you're free between 3 and 5. Training is still going on.) Now all I need is some freelance work to subsidize my language classes, sushi habit, and CD purchases. (Shameless plug #3: I am a SPECTACULAR editor! I can also write, edit HTML, and tutor everything except calculus)

Incidentally, the po-em in the previous post was copied directly from a spam e-mail, original punctuation included. A work of art indeed.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...