Wednesday, October 19, 2005

*whisper*labia*whisper*

"Life is pain. Anybody that says different is selling something." -- The Princess Bride by William Goldman

-----------

So I took my bike on the road for the first time this weekend. It was an easy, short, downhill route to the zoo and a slow, hard (teehee), uphill slog back home. But I did learn some things:

  • It is way more dangerous to ride on the sidewalk than on the road. Cars try to avoid you and (hopefully) all go in the same direction. They also tend not to mutter "get off the sidewalk" at you. It IS legal to bike on the sidewalk in DC so pttth!
  • It is a real pain in the ass to wait at lights when your bike is too big. Literally. As my housemate reminded me, "At least you don't have balls."
  • It is harder than it looks to steer a bike into an elevator.
  • Doing it backwards doesn't help.
  • Falling down is a good way to meet guys. It's also a good way to get road burn and a nice bruise. However, I suppose that gives you an excuse to show the guy your lovely ass, legs, elbow, or whatever else happens to be bruised later.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...