Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lenni needs...

In a LiveJournal moment, I did one of those silly Google searches: type in "[your name] needs." To be real LJ you're supposed to bold the true ones and italicize the wanna be true ones and highlight the could be but'll never be true ones or some such nonsense. But this is a blog! A highly intelligent social commentary!

Plus, Google only had like three Lenni results...

lenni needs to have a pre-frontal lobotomy right away
lenni needs money and she cannot, CANNOT let herself give her any more!
lenni needs to get to work

It's all so true!

------------

Factoids that I learned this weekend:

In an effort to be more reflective of the times, Bible manufacturers have come up with the cyber Bible. This Bible, while faithful to the text and meaning of older versions, will replace words with online spellings. For example, create will be come cre8. (And God will say LOL as he smites His people.)

Men do not generally enjoy going to Church. (Perhaps this is because they can't wear their fancy dresses and new hats there.) Some random Christian denomination (next time I'll pay more attention) has decided to combat this trend with MANLY-Church. The Church meets in an old school gym and features artistic touches such as pine trees, a tent, and taxidermied animals. The men have fellowship around coffeee and donuts, and engage in prayer huddles. (No word yet on God strippers)

Women who are more intelligent are less likely to get married. For every ten points added to the average IQ, women decrease the likelihood of marriage by 60%. (I'd write something witty here but I'm too depressed by my old maid status.)

------

I'm wearing my happy sweater today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ignore that stupid spam!

Given those statistics I shouldn't have any problems getting married.

Oh. Wait.


Nice blog, but I still say you should come over to the evils of LJ. =P

--Meg

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...