Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It should get its own zipcode

My zit is so large it has its very own pulse.

---------

So Lenni, what have you been up to? Well, I went to Memphis for the big bad Annual Meeting.
I worked (registration, folded a gazillion tshirts, sat in boring scientific sessions)
I partied (but not too hard)
I froze (inside it was 30 degrees)
I melted (outside it was 300)
I lost my wallet (and found it..after cancelling all my cards)
I didn't see too much blues (but I did go to BB King's)
I didn't eat too many artery clogging foods (which was hard to do)
I didn't freak out when people called me sweetie (which everyone did)
Also got a massage (with the masseuse making disapproving noises about my general muscle tone), cried over a pizza, visited the Rock n Soul museum, waded in a scale model of the Misssissippi, and didn't get my daily required amount of sleep.

And the weekend...How was that? Well, when I got home I cleaned, shopped, and went to a party with thirty bazillion post-college yuppies (shout out to Astrid, Margie, and Muffy!..I'm serious...except for Muffy) and got twenty bazillion dagger looks for showing up in ripped jeans and a t. It was a social experiment!

And I went hiking. The Billy Goat Trail was not quite as "strenuous" as I expected. And got an echocardiogram. That gel is cold! My heart is, has been, and hopefully always will be just ducky.

-----------

Dudes! Friends should not be allowed to have birthdays on the same weekend! I don't have enough friends to compete with someone else's party!

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...