Wednesday, August 30, 2006

In the interest of oversharing...

...I had yet another doctor's appointment today. (Peace Corps physical complicated by newly diagnosed asthma) My doctor was reading my results from my pulmonary function test and was especially tickled when he read, "Patient cooperative but poor effort." Making a slap on the wrist motion, he remarked that it sounded like elementary school. I admitted to cheating on my PFT but pointed out that the technician fudged the results....causing a different doctor to hypothesize all sorts of bogus things like blocked trachea or hole in windpipe. Anyhoo, he's making me take the test again but we've decided that if I screw this one up he'll write on my Peace Corps paperwork, "Cannot follow directions. Cheats. All around bad person."

He also wondered why the Peace Corps insists on torturing me. I said it's all worth it if I don't drop dead in the jungle. "Well you could still drop dead. It just won't be from asthma!"

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...