Friday, December 09, 2005

'A white one.'

In this Christmas (Channukah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, Ramadan, Festivus, snowy) Season, I reflect on all the unsolicited advice I've been given by family members over the years:

"Brush your teeth!"
"Make your bed!"
"You should have a boyfriend."

I mean really. Did I ask you?

However, my sweet dearest baby brother (22 years old and 6ft) has, in fact, offered some gems:

"Don't ever say sorry unless you hit someone in the balls."
"If someone asks you what kind of car you drive don't ever answer 'a red one.'"
"Fish for compliments. Guys love that."

That last one was in response to a conversation we were having. My friend Katie had asked if my new boy-toy had told me I was beautiful. I'm pretty sure he hasn't. However, I've decided to compliment myself:

"I have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen!"
"Damn, my ass looks great in these pants!"

Joey said I could.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...