Monday, December 19, 2005

Hoo-ray!

I got new doorknobs! I got new doorknobs! I got new doorknobs hey hey hey hey! Is it sad that the highlight of my weekend was that the doorknob fairy visited? I mean, I did have fairly eventful weekend: I got a cheese pot and some used sunglasses at my office Christmas party. Went to see Seasonal Disorder. Woke up bright and shiny Saturday morning with the largest zit I ever seen in my entire life. And it was near my mouth! (It has since been eradicated) I went on a 7-mile long hike with two 60 year old men who are both in better shape than I am. (Depressing. And I'm still sore.) Went on a date with my MC who turned not to be my MC but a nice guy nonetheless. (And Jewish. Is anyone surprised? I think it's God's way of telling me to hit on people at Church.) Sat around recovering from my hike, observed my housemates Christmas shop, and sat around some more.

BUT THE DOORKNOBS!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away, a young woman once had to use the restroom. This poor woman (we'll call her Lenni) closed the bathroom door without realizing that there wasn't a doorknob on the inside...or outside for that matter. When it was time to leave, she realized that her only hope was to alert her housemate and his friends to her plight. However, they were in the basement writing a new song and generally being raucous and could not hear her pleas for help, banging on the radiator, frequent flushing, or other noisemaking attempts. The cat did and started scratching on the door but lets face it -- cats are usless. An hour, two bent nail files, and a few tears later, another of Lenni's housemates returned to discover and rescue her. Since then, poor Lenni had been slightly post-traumatic about using the restroom. Despite the reattachment of said doorknob (only the inside one) it still took at least five minutes of subsequent visits to escape the confines of the porcelain throne-room....until the new knobs were installed. And there was much rejoicing.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...