Friday, July 29, 2005

My air conditioner should be taken out and shot.

There is nothing I loathe more than an overzealous air conditioner. Actually there probably are a few things but I'm so cold that my brain is diverting much of its energy to keeping my extremeties alive. I have eaten all warm foods and even made a cup of tea so hot that it steams up my eye glasses. That, by the way, makes it hard to work. I have gone so far as to contemplate stealing my boss' baked potato and keeping it safe in my pants. "Why, that bulge in your pants certainly makes you a productive worker. Where has my potato gone?"

Speaking of work, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Not necessarily the type of overwhelmed that comes from being stressed and overworked; it's more like the "i-feel-stupid" overwhelmed. "Greater canopy leaf area and height may redistribute nutrients to tree islands, primarily through evapotranspirational pumping of groundwater and higher rates of dry deposition, and this nutrient subsidy is believed to be essential for tree island maintenance and expansion." Huh?

I also have no idea what my coworkers are talking about half the time. I feel that I am perpetually being obtuse. "Obtuse" is my new favorite word....besides "hoo-ray."

Oh! the dog just ran into my door! Now I'm sure that I have litle rat-terrier bits all over my office.

Well, tonight I think I'll curl up into a little ball. If you have a comfy down or fleece blanket, or the new Harry Potter, or a Phantom Planet cd, or if you look like Jake Gylenhaal (all 4 would be ideal) then feel free to join me.

2 comments:

Avery Simek said...

Unstable air ventilation at the office can affect your work. The same goes for your home, as well. Imagine suffering from the cold during the winter and the heat during the summer, just because of bad air ventilation.

Dell Ledermann said...

That's the best feeling! Going home from a hard day's work, turning your air conditioner on, and sleep tight is the best experience in the world! Obtuse! LOL Don't push yourself too hard. Have fun. Love your work.

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...