Friday, July 22, 2005

I'm not wearing any underwear.

I'm not. This isn't really attempt to be sexy. It is more a reflection of how I really need to move into a permanent house and do some laundry.

This morning I lost my wallet (and my teddy bear Mike). Apparently I am irrepressibly calm in such situations. I'm not sure irrepresibly is the right adverb in this situation because calmness is not a state that needs to be repressed. Anyway, my non-freaking-out was exasperating to others.

I found my wallet (40 minutes later; it was in the door of my car) and in a quick review of its contents was struck by the diversity (and large quantity) of credit card receipts.

  • 6.29 - Victoria's Secret - Roseville, MN - $44.98
  • 7.05 - B Dale Texaco - Roseville, MN - $120.22
  • 7.08 - Green Lake Amoco - Green Lake, WI - $27.41
  • 7.08 - Mike's Payless Auto Repair - Princeton, WI - $67.50
  • 7.11 - Eckerd Pharmacy - Pitsburgh, PA - $8.55
  • 7.16 - H&M - North Bethesda, MD - $35.64
  • 7.17 - Metrorail - Washington, DC - $20.00
  • 7.20 - HanAnReum Groceries - Wheaton, MD - $24.55
  • 7.21 - Giant - Silver Spring, MD - $19.58

Missing are two receipts for rather expensive automotive repairs. (Fon du Lac, WI for approx $100 and North Bethesda, MD for approx. $750) Would anyone like to buy a car?

I apologize if this posting has wandered into the realm of oversharing.

Diversions of today include:
www.dcist.com
http://whyihatedc.blogspot.com
www.collegehumor.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

victoria's Secret?

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...