Friday, June 09, 2006

Beeeeep....

So I just found this website. Ostensibly it's an NPR project to collect people's voicemails.

As they site says, and I'll repeat, "C'mon, you know you've got one. If you're like me, you've got some voicemails you've been saving on your phone for ages. For instance, right now I’ve got one from my boyfriend, followed by my friend talking in a funny accent, followed by my mom telling me to come home for dinner. Each voicemail is its own, full-length story; a time capsule of earlier parts of my life. Now I’m collecting other people’s favorite voicemails--happy, sad, ridiculous--to eventually showcase on NPR. I'm calling it The Voicemail Project, and I think it's going to catch those little fleeting moments of our everyday experience."

I actually only have two saved messages on my machine. Neither of them are particularly fascinating or funny: a call from my sister with a name of some Peace Corps guy and the boy calling about something or other.

But it made me reflect on the messages that I've left and that have been left on my voicemail. Hooray for the most obnoxious rendition of Happy Birthday ever, "She's waaaaaaaatching me. She's eeevil!", and of course minutes of dead space from me to you.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...