Friday, February 03, 2006

Spin Doctor

Actually, those two words (although not in conjunction) directly apply to today.

Numero uno: Went to the doctor today. A frustrating experience as usual. She didn't have the goop for the TB test so I paid $10 for the privilege of waiting around and having my blood pressure taken. I now have to go back Monday and then Wednesday. She also asked if I've had asthma, which is something I've been concerned with lately, but didn't follow up on that comment. In the rare instance that you're worrying about me...I'm perfectly ok. (I may be dying of consumption.)

Numero two: Am writing an article on the 2006 International Symposium on Wetland Restoration. I have no idea how to make that interesting. No clue even what questions to ask my interviewees. My first published piece and the beginning of a long press career and it'll be a total dud. I just know it.

Oh! And my UPS guy is back! Siiiigh. His deep blue eyes will get me through the day! Siiiigh.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...