Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The highlights tour

OMG! I forgot to tell y'all about the St. Lou highlight!!! I MET BILL NYE!!!!! THE SCIENCE GUY!!!!

So when I was at one of the crazy press parties a fellow DC-ite (I think his name was Nate. It was one syllable. I can't remember) infomed me that Bill Nye was an attendee at the conference (The American Association for the Advancement of Science if you care). I became immediately giddy about the possibility of a brush with greatness. I mean who doesn't aspire to be a tall, gangly, bow-tie wearing scientist! He made me who I am today. Ok that's an exaggeration. 321 Contact was more influential. (And I'm not tall, gangly, or bow-tie wearing.) So we were joking around that I had to meet Mr. Nye and tell him that he was my hero. Double dog dare.

The very next day, I was wandering around the halls not attending any boring meetings when I heard that the cast of NUMB3RS was in the hizouse. I don't watch the show but I am a fan of David Krumholz and can (sadly) recite his entire film career. So I stepped into that less than boring meeting to gaze at him from afar. Mid-gaze, I saw BILL NYE! THE SCIENCE GUY!!! Post-gaze, I went up to Mr. Nye and in the fashion of a giddy school girl told him that he was my hero. He responded somewhat rudely and turned away. So I started to harumph out of there. He must have realized his rudeness becuase he stopped me to invite me to a reception. With an icy stare I responded that I had other plans. (Ok it wasn't that icy. And I did have other plans. But he was kinda rude)

I did not say hello to David Krumholz because I was afraid that I might come across as weird stalker fan. I mean really, who's a fan of David Krumholz?

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...