Friday, September 16, 2005

I HATE EXTREMISTS WITH A PASSION THAT DEFIES REASON!



ha. that was sposed to be ironical.

Liberal rant:
I was actually in an anti-liberal mood this morning. How are Democrats supposed to get anything done if all we do is try to thwart the Reuplicans? Why aren't there ever two sides to every story? What's with the Democrat-Republican double standard? If a Democrat does something it must be for the good of the common man, to uphold the values of the Constitution. If a Republican does the same thing, then it's just another way of perpetrating their evil plan, pulling the wool over the eyes of the ignored and rightless downtrodden. What ever happened to moderates? Do they exist anymore?

In college, we were once surveyed about our ideological leanings. We had to classify ourselves as conservative, moderate, or liberal. Out of the thirty people in my PoliSci class, I was the only self-defined liberal. Most everyone else was a moderate. "Moderate." Those kids were the cutest little liberal fuzzbunnies I ever saw.

I am a Democrat. I am loosely affiliated with MoveOn.org. I sign petitions, protest, and watch Michael Moore. But I might have to stop admitting to that if I don't want to be dismissed as a loony liberal.

I heart moderates!
Or even just level-headed people who are willing to investigate all sides of the issue and every once in a while vote against party lines. Why can't they take over the world. Oh right. no platform.

Conservative rant:
Today I came back from lunch and was met with some very unfriendly protestors. I happen to work in the same building as a Planned Parenthood. As such, I was lambasted as a "baby-killer." In general, my work consists of editing scientific texts, no baby killing there. The protesters went to far as to inform my African-American companion that mostly Black and Hispanic babies are killed. As if there's some sort of racial profiling inherent in abortion. As if that fact would incense my friend to take action.

Do they think that yelling and insulting me will make me feel partial to their cause? Threatening the apocalypse and telling me I'm a bad person doesn't make me very sympathetic.

I'm Catholic. I'm pro-life. But I might not want to admit that either. A liberal might think I'm a crazy Conservative.


and yes i know that ironical is not a a word.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...