Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Arizona! New Mexico!

Armed with a cold and a still as-yet unprocessed experience on the border, I flew to spend Christmas with my sister Elizabeth at her sister-in-law's house in Sedona, Arizona. My sister generously warned me that the transition from refugees sleeping on the floor to a large house with en-suite bathrooms might be a bit much but we spent a glorious weekend hiking and eating and just generally vegging. My niecey still talks about this trip but only to mention how slowly I hike.











Then I jetted off to Albuquerque to hang with friends from Nicaragua. (Read about our previous adventures here: https://lennisblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Nicaragua) We had a whirlwind day of cinnamon buns and breakfast burritos, nap for baby, mango chili paletas (and art) at the National Hispanic Cultural Center, nap for baby, turquoise buying and church peeping in Old Town, and enchilada dinner. I was mostly bummed that because I had a cold I couldn't snuggle baby but the enchiladas may have compensated.



And that is the information-less, devoid of travel tips conclusion to last year's border adventures. List of resources to follow.
 


No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...