Friday, April 01, 2005

My Irrational Fear of Today

This isn't like today's irrational fear. As in, yesterday I was irrationally afraid of toaster ovens and today I'm irrationally afraid of binder clips. I am a little afraid of binder clips but that's another story. No, I am afraid of today.

It is April Fool's Day. "Happy April Fools Day!" I should exclaim happily as I tp the office. But no, instead I think I will cower in fear under my desk. Please don't play any pranks on me. I loathe pranks on me. I don't even particularly like pranking other people...mostly because I fear retribution.

Why, you may ask? Perhaps it's because I'm a native New Yorker, natively distrustful of everyone and everything. Perhaps it's because I'm somewhat insecure and I feel that your good natured April-Fooling is mocking me. Maybe it's because I'm well aware that I can embarrass myself perfectly capably. Just wait long enough and I bet you that sometime today I'll have toilet paper on my shoe, ink on my face, and spinach between my teeth as a I fall down the stairs insulting someone who's standing right behind me.

But that's just me. The rest of y'all enjoy your tom-foolery.

No comments:

Whidbey Island New Years Eve bash

On the morning of our New Years Eve visit to Whidbey Island, my friend texted, “Are you sure you still want to go? It’s going to rain.” But ...